Organizing events while COVID-19 restrictions still last can be an over demanding task if you’re not provided with the right tools to create a memorable virtual or hybrid event. And as combining components of both in-person and virtual events meet the immediate requirements of authenticity, budgeting and security, the need for hybrid events will probably keep rising. The proof lies in the fact that 97% of event marketers believe we will see more hybrid events in 2022, according to the Evolution of Events Report.
Last year we had already talked about how technology will shape events in 2021, but as time goes by and we move towards herd immunity it’s more and more relevant to get the maximum benefit from event technology. Indeed, technology is the driving force behind most recent performances in the events industry, especially when it comes to the potential of a virtual events platform.
Assuming that we’ll not entail jumping right back into pre-Covid standards, the stress will be on delivering events as safely as possible, which means adhering to strict social distancing and hygiene measures. And with its fast-paced ability to get things done during these uncertain times, technology is seemingly driving the events industry by digitizing its processes and face-to-face interactions.
How can you take advantage of digital tools and offer participants safety and useful technology?
- Create your next event with distributed audiences, allowing qualified visitors to attend in-person, while giving virtual access to the rest of the world (learn how to choose the best live video streaming for events);
- Make registration and ticketing processes digital, faster and simpler to avoid crowding and improve attendee experience;
- Ensure safe in-person experiences with contactless & paperless interactions;
- Promote social distancing and crowd safety by monitoring real-time numbers per session and receiving automatic capacity alerts (take a look into this quick guide for event check-in & occupancy control);
- Measure engagement that comes from different contexts within an all in one event management platform.
To bring confidence to participants and exhibitors, events organizers will need to think outside the box. Far from just delivering a stripped-down version of a pre-Covid event, they’ll need to be looking to use a flexible event platform that allows for dynamism based on a blend of virtual and physical elements. And of course, to guarantee a soft migration from virtual to hybrid (and back), without ever losing inherent benefits or data. Because the truth is that nobody can say precisely when we’ll return to normal public life and what will happen along the way.
Hybrid events are expected to be the working method in the new Covid-19 environment, enabling to retain the aspect that fulfils the need to connect and network in-person, as if to say the power of human connection. That’s the major reason why hybrid events will thrive in the events industry.
Essential features of hybrid events
There’ll be many working parts of hybrid events. Event technology will play a huge role in planning and execution. Depending on the type of event, tools will range from monetization, registration, and venue sourcing tools, virtual event solutions for the remote audience, and event technology to aid in live streaming and production.
If you’re interested in learning more about this major event trend, check out our tips for making successful hybrid events in 2022.