Regarding what event lead capture technology is, we can think of it as a process of collecting data from event attendees or people who registered to attend it, and get it readable by an event management platform.
1.1 Lead Retrieval vs. Lead Capture
Depending on your event type and goals, it might need to be covered by both lead retrieval and lead capture solutions:
- Lead Retrieval is basically the process of managing data that have been collected before your event occurs. It relies on reading smart badges, wristbands or any other event tech wearables that have the function to digitally identify all the participants;
- Lead Capture in hybrid or live events includes adding new contacts into your database during your event. Most lead capture tools have exactly the same features as lead retrieval tools and they’re both typically supported by contactless technology. You’ll also be able to collect new contacts while eliminating the need to constantly exchange paper business cards or write down contacts on mobile phones / notebooks. Usually, these leads are highly qualified because the beamian system guarantees that the participant’s data is shared in the most relevant way, only with those who have decided to do so.
1.2 Event Lead & Data Capture Methods
Your lead data can be collected in a number of ways. There’s actually an endless amount of possibilities to collect data at the disposal of each organizer before, during and after the event. We list some of them:
- Registration forms
- Registration through WiFi networks
- Mobile event apps
- Event surveys
- Requests for information
- Scanning smart badges or QR codes
1.3 GDPR & Events
Don’t forget that as you’ll end up managing personal data, it also requires you to take into account some data protection good practices to get fully compliant with the GDPR legislation. And choosing a technological solution that allows a quick and effective adoption of these requirements is essential.
Wondering how lead capture technology can work for your next event? We all know that it’s not relevant anymore to host an event just for show, you’ll have to establish important KPIs to measure your event success. Let’s outline what you can get from incorporating lead capture technology at your live or hybrid events:
- You’ll have the means to manage different onsite activities in a more efficient way, such as check-in processes, access / capacity control for specific areas through an occupancy tracking app, the number of participants at any given time, and even the number of established interactions between your participants and exhibitors;
- You’ll be able to analyze your event entrances and exits based on the date / time of the day and get to know your best lead capture performance hours;
- You’ll have the possibility to turn your collected leads into sales opportunities, and then you can use it to prove your event ROI;
- Gathering and organizing all the lead data you captured into an unique platform;
- After the event you’ll have access to valuable information and insights, which will give you the possibility of organizing future editions based on the collected event data.
The exhibitors that pay to be present at your event will also benefit from your lead capture technology. And their success is your success too. They’ll have in hands an interactive lead capture tool which makes the process of exchanging contacts way more simple. As we already mentioned, the concern with carrying around paper business cards is replaced with the sharing of experiences that will close deals more effectively.
As you already know, offering a seamless event experience to your attendees begins way before your event starts and means that you’ll need to provide an easy way for them to get registered. With the beamian platform, they can do that intuitively by simply filling a registration form or through a ticketing solution (when it involves payments). The event exhibitors can also register for the event in advance.
Make sure you have an efficient and secure registration solution for your next live, hybrid or virtual event, and don’t waste your participants’ time with a cumbersome registration process. And more important, ensure their safety even before your event starts.
Get to know how to build a successful and fast event registration process.
Driven by the the coronavirus pandemic crisis, attendee expectations are completely shifting the scope and strategy for all event organizers worldwide.
But one thing hasn’t changed – live interactions are still a crucial point of any brand’s marketing strategy, since face-to-face is still the best way to generate and convert leads nowadays. That’s the power of human connection. So, ensuring that your audience is consistently engaged (regardless your event format) not only improves attendee experience overall, but also allows exhibitors and organizers to collect valuable data from different touchpoints.
Do you know that attendee engagement doesn’t necessarily start at the event itself? It begins long before and continues well after your event ends! In addiction to this, here are other key considerations in improving attendee experience & engagement that can be followed by virtual & live events.
Ensuring security in live & hybrid events doesn’t have to be beast of a task for event organizers. In fact, it can be quite easy if most processes and event interactions become digital.
So, besides creating a health and safety plan, organizers must also ensure they monitor its effectiveness. And the best way to approach these is through the emerging tech solutions for event security. For example, imagine a far less stressful check-in experience if you have in your hands an event management platform that allows to control crowd density at your entrances. And if you’re concerned about your event success, you should know that face-to-face interactions can also be optimized towards security.
With the beamian platform, there’s a contactless way to reorganize your live or hybrid events and still capturing qualified leads, while a safe event experience is ensured for all parties involved. Get to know how to operate & optimize live events in a safe environment.
It’s time to ditch the paper! Event sustainability is more than just a principle. It’s a win-win-win way of hosting large gatherings, since the carbon impact tends to be a minimum of a thousand kilograms of climate pollution per person.